Dr Mohammad Akrami (BSc, MSc, PhD, FHEA)
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
Telephone: 01392 724542
Extension: (Streatham) 4542
After receiving his BSc degree, he started his MSc at the University of Manchester in Mechanical Engineering Design. Following graduation by distinction (with the highest GPA), he granted the University of Manchester’s scholarship to do his PhD studies at the same institute. He then came to the University of Exeter as the lecturer in Mechanical Engineering from 2016. Mohammad is a member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering (IMechE) and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Computational mechanics of the musculoskeletal structures to be used for predicting the human daily activities, analysing locomotion patterns, rehabilitation and also for virtual reality purposes
- Rapid prototyping and biomanufacturing
- Finite element analysis of the large structures to be used for construction or predicting the environmental behaviour
- Modelling the sustainability of wind and other forms of renewable energy to model the reliability and maintainability of these resources
- Multidisciplinary design optimisation of the dynamic structures
Expert reviewer for journal and publishers such as Journal of Annals of biomedical engineering, Journal of Biomechanics, Journal of biomedical engineering online, Journal of proceedings of the institution of mechanical engineers.
Office: Harrison Building, Room Number 271.