We are committed to undertaking research that will help to tackle some of the biggest problems of the 21st century: modelling climate change, sustainable urban water supply, malaria diagnosis, new optical imaging techniques to treat brain disease, and bomb-proof materials.
Much of our research is interdisciplinary, with academics from across the College collaborating to research topics in more depth. The College plays a pivotal role in four of the five key interdisciplinary research themes within the University's Science Strategy: climate change and sustainable futures, extrasolar planets, functional materials and systems biology. We will also be actively involved in the interdisciplinary research led by the Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI), which is based on our Cornwall Campus near Falmouth.
Our research is funded by the Research Councils; charities, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; and through multiple industry collaborations.
Watch our video of Science at Exeter for more information or select a research web site below.
- + Centre for Additive Layer Manufacturing
- + Centre for Alternative Materials and Remanufacturing Technologies
- + Centre for Business and Climate Solutions
- + Centre for Energy and the Environment
- + Centre for Graphene Science
- + Centre for Water Systems
- + Computational Geomechanics
- + Control Systems
- + Energy Harvesting
- + Nano Engineering Science and Technology Group
- + Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- + Renewable Energy
- + Structures, Dynamics and Control
- + Vibration Engineering
- + Exeter Advanced Technologies
- + Centre for Biomedical Modelling and Analysis
- + Centre for Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics
- + Centre for Predictive Modelling in Healthcare
- + Centre for Systems, Dynamics and Control
- + Climate Change and Sustainable Futures
- + Exeter Climate Systems
- + Exeter Initiative for Statistics and its Applications
- + Extrasolar Planets
- + Mathematics and the Environment
- + Pure Mathematics
- + Systems Biology
- + Statistical Science