Dr Saptarshi Das
Lecturer in Mathematics (E&R)
Present research interests include dynamical systems and control theory, big data analytics, machine learning, computational intelligence, signal processing, and fractional calculus in diverse applications in energy, environment and biomedical engineering.
Saptarshi Das received B.E. and M.E. in Power Engineering and Ph.D. (Engineering) all from Jadavpur University, India in 2007, 2010, and 2013 respectively. He got the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India scholarship (http://mhrd.gov.in) for his master's study and Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India fellowship (http://www.fist-dst.org/html-flies/purse.htm) for his doctoral study. He worked as a Graduate Engineering Trainee in ALSTOM Projects India Ltd. during June 2007-May 2008. During June 2012-March 2015 he worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK where he contributed in three European Commission (EU FP7) funded projects - MICHELANGELO (http://www.michelangelo-project.eu/en/), CHIRON (http://www.chiron-project.eu/) and PLEASED (http://pleased-fp7.eu/) related to biological and biomedical signal processing. From April 2015-August 2015, he worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, UK and contributed in the EU FP7 funded project - ELECTRA IRP (http://www.electrairp.eu/) related to distributed intelligence and control of smart grids. During September 2015-August 2017, he has worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Cavendish Astrophysics Group, Department of Physics, University of Cambridge, UK on collaborative projects with Royal Dutch Shell plc. (http://www.shell.com/) related to machine learning and Bayesian inference in geophysics. Since September 2017, he is a Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics, College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, UK. He has co-authored 2 books and more than 90 research papers in refereed scientific journals, conferences and book chapters.
His full list of publications is available at:
http://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?hl=en&user=AnvxAbkAAAAJ (Google Scholar)
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/D-5518-2012 (Thomson-Reuters Researcher ID).
His mathematics focus papers are available at:
Linkedin profile: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/saptarshi-das-33257628.
applied mathematics, dynamical systems, control theory, fractional calculus, computational intelligence, optimization, signal processing, machine learning, data analytics, pattern recognition, statistical inference, computational and mathematical modeling, energy and power engineering, environment and geoscience, neuroscience and biomedical engineering
- Erdos Number: Saptarshi Das (5) - Koushik Maharatna (4) - K. Sridharan (3) - C. R. Subramanian (2) - Joel H. Spencer (1) - Paul Erdos (0)
- Einstein Number: Saptarshi Das (6) - Michael P. Hobson (5) - Jonathan R. Gair (4) - Curt J. Cutler (3) - Ezra Ted Newman (2) - Peter Gabriel Bergmann (1) - Albert Einstein (0)
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (June 2010 - May 2012)
- M.E. in Power Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (June 2008 - May 2010)
- B.E. in Power Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (June 2003 - May 2007)
- September 2017 - till date: Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics, College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, United Kingdom, web: http://emps.exeter.ac.uk/mathematics/.
- September 2015 - August 2017: Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Astrophysics Group, Cavendish Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom. web: http://www.astro.phy.cam.ac.uk/
- April 2015 - August 2015: Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Institute for Energy and Environment (InstEE), Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering (EEE), University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom. web: https://www.strath.ac.uk/research/subjects/electronicelectricalengineering/instituteforenergyampenvironment/
- June 2012 - March 2015: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Electronic and Software System (ESS) Group, School of Electronics and Computer Science (ECS), University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom. web: http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/research/ess
- December 2008 - May 2012: Guest Faculty in the Department of Power Engineering, Jadavpur University, Salt lake Campus, Kolkata, India. web: http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/view_department.php?deptid=63
- June 2007 - May 2008: Graduate Engineering Trainee, ALSTOM Projects India Ltd., Durgapur, India. web: http://www.alstom.com/india/.
Open PhD/Post-doctoral Positions:
- There is no PhD studentship opening right now. However, strong candidates are encouraged to discuss with CV, list of publications and research plan to be considered for the next call for PhD studentship.
- There is no post-doctoral opening right now. However, strong candidates are encouraged to discuss with CV, list of publications and research plan for fellowship applications.