The Harrison building is home to the Engineering department on the Streatham Campus. Take a virtual tour of the campus to find out more.
Engineering at Exeter combines academic rigor with a firm focus on the current and future needs of the industry.
We offer a range of degree programmes for undergraduates, covering the major Engineering disciplines. For postgraduates we run a number of research-led innovative masters and postgraduate research programmes.
Research in Engineering combines international quality research in the areas of:
Our research plays a pivotal role in the University's Science Strategy via the Functional Materials key theme.
Research-led teaching enhanced by strong industrial links
- We maintain an excellent standing in the UK, ranking in the Top 10 for General Engineering in The Times 2013 and The Guardian 2014 University Guides.
- All our specialist MEng/BEng programmes are professionally accredited.
- Undergraduate students have the opportunity on all of our programmes to study abroad or undertake an industrial placement.
- Our teaching is backed by internationally leading research groups exploring various real world problems such as urban water management, data storage systems, manufacturing and advanced materials.
Teaching and research facilities
- We have completed a 2-year, £1 million program to refurbish and update our teaching laboratories, together with the re-equipment of student workshops.
- The new facilities include a state-of-the-art 3D visualisation and design suite, complete with a 3D printer for undergraduate use.
- We have access to the University’s EPSRC-funded IBM Supercomputer SP3 system and to a Beowulf parallel computing cluster.
The Harrison building is located on possibly the most beautiful University Campus in Britain, with views across the city to the sea and towards Dartmoor.
The campus provides everything a student may require from study and research facilities to sport and recreation with an active Students’ Guild supporting a vast array of clubs and societies.
The 24 hour Forum Library with additional computer facilities is just a few steps away and the Sports Park, with its extensive indoor facilities and adjoining tennis courts and playing fields, is also close by.
There is a good range of student accommodation with a place guaranteed to all first-year undergraduate and international students who have accepted Exeter as their first choice. The Halls of residence include self-catering accommodation and are set on the perimeter of the campus, within an easy walk of the Harrison building.