Dr Matthew Anderson
Industrial Research Fellow
Telephone: 01392 727467
Extension: (Streatham) 7467
Matt completed his PhD in Complexity Sciences from UoBristol in 2017 and has since been part of the Translational Research Exchange @Exeter (TREE), first as a PDRF and then as an Industrial RF from 2019. His research focuses on industrial and clinical collaboration, and spans the interface between mathematical modelling, machine learning classification (MLC) and cell/molecular biology in cancer, diabetes and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Current & recent projects:
- Developing MLC algorithms to improve the efficiency of RNAi drug screening methods for cancer and a range of other diseases.
- Developing advanced data analysis and cleaning frameworks for the clinical diagnosis and management of rare diseases.
- Applying MLC algorithms to identify clinically actionable factors that cause loss of drug response in IBD patients.
- Investigating the interactions between fatty acids and autophagy in diabetes using molecular methods and novel computer vision techniques.
- Implementing species distribution models and MLC algorithms for the advancement of industrial pest control methods.
- Broadening invasive species distribution models without the loss of significant predictive power.
machine learning classification
cell & molecular biology
image analysis & computer vision