Dr Edward Chuah
Edward is a lecturer in the Department of Computer Science. Previously, he was a post-doctoral researcher at Lancaster University and his research advisor was Prof. Neeraj Suri. Edward's research interests lay at the intersection of dependability, distributed systems and data analysis. He has worked on research topics including failure diagnosis for high-performance computing (HPC) systems, identifying network attacks and understanding error propagation patterns in HPC systems. His work involves processing large amount of data and applying statistical techniques to obtain actionable insights. He has been working on the topic of HPC systems failure diagnosis for 10 years now and it is an area that he enjoys immensely,
Dependability, network security, HPC reliability, data analysis.
Google scholar page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=q730UPkAAAAJ&hl=en
DBLP page: https://dblp.org/pid/78/1824.html
- E. Chuah, N. Suri, A. Jhumka, S. Alt, Challenges in Identifying Network Attacks Using NetFlow Data, in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA), 2021. (Forthcoming)
- E. Chuah, A. Jhumka, S. Alt, R.T. Evans, N. Suri, Failure Diagnosis for Cluster Systems Using Partial Correlations, in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (ISPA), 2021.
- E. Chuah, A. Jhumka, S. Alt, D.B.-Thomert, J.C. Browne, M. Parashar, Towards Comprehensive Dependability-Driven Resource Use and Message Log-Analysis for Cluster Systems Diagnosis, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 2019.
- E. Chuah, A. Jhumka, J.C. Browne, N. Gurumdimma, S. Narasimhamurthy, B. Barth, Using Message Logs and Resource Use Data for Cluster Failure Diagnosis, in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on High-Performance Computing, Data and Analytics (HiPC), 2016.
- E. Chuah, A. Jhumka, S. Narasimhamurthy, J. Hammond, J.C. Browne, B. Barth, Linking Resource Usage Anomalies with System Failures from Cluster Log Data, in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS), 2013.
- E. Chuah, S. Kuo, P. Hiew, W.C. Tjhi, G. Lee, J. Hammond, M.T. Michalewicz, T. Hung, J.C. Browne, Diagnosing the Root-Causes of Failures from Cluster Log-Files, in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on High-Performance Computing (HiPC), 2010.
Service to the community:
2021: PC member for the 2nd International Conference on Information and Software Technologies (ICI2ST).
2020: Reviewer for the 2nd International Conference on Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems (MLIS).
2019: Reviewer for IEEE Access.
2018: Reviewer for ACM Computing Surveys and Software Practice and Experience.
Learning From Data (2021/2022 - ).
BSc Computer Science final year projects (2021/2022 - ).
PhD in Computer Science, The University of Warwick.