Dr Emma Clarke
Telephone: 01392 723687
Extension: (Streatham) 3687
Models to Decisions: Decision Making Under Uncertainty.
The network Models to Decisions (M2D) is funded by RCUK on the theme of 'Decision Making Under Uncertainty'. The project is led by Prof Peter Challenor (University of Exeter) and Dr Catherine Powell (University of Manchester).
The M2D Network focuses on model-informed decision making and defines itself as broad, inclusive and multidisciplinary. We welcome the active participation of members from a diverse range of academic research and public / private sector working backgrounds.
Network aims include:
- Grow a community which is passionate and capable of working in multidisciplinary environments.
- Identify ambitious multi-disciplinary challenges which can form a research agenda on decision making under uncertainty.
- Develop a mechanism for sustained engagement between acaedmics and user organisations to analyse real work systems.
In addition to and in support of the above the aims the M2D Network is offering feasibility project funding.
The M2D Feasibility Fund comprises four funding schemes from which eligible network members may bid for funds. There will be a continous open call for applications through the lifetime of the Network, and projects will be assessed by the Expert Panel every three months. The network will support high impact proposals which encourage multi-disciplinary researcher enegagement and a high level of end user involvement, under one or more of the Network themes.
The four funding schemes available are:
- Pilot Projects (Funding limit £25k, for up to 6 months)
- Early Career Researcher (Funding limit £10k, for up to 3 months)
- Embedded Research (Funding limit £10k, for up to 3 months)
- Workshops, Sandpits & Short Courses
For further information regarding the Network, funding opportunities and instructions on how to become a member and get involved please visit our website www.models2decisions.org