Dr Tanveer Tabish
Telephone: 01392 724142
Extension: (Streatham) 4142
Tanveer received his PhD in 2018 from the University of Exeter, UK. His PhD research focused primarily on the development of graphene-based anti-cancer nanomedicine. Through his association with the EPSRC CDT in Metamaterials, he investigated the efficacy of nanotechnology for developing the next generation of image based therapeutic and diagnostic tools in nanomedicine. He has also pioneered an anti-metastatic enzyme cancer therapy for both diagnosis and treatment of breast and ovarian cancers that are currently being pursued for clinical translation. Tanveer's interests at this stage are the fabrication and property estimation of novel 2D-related materials with small dimensions, further to develop their applications in anti-cancer nanomedicine and regenerative medicine. His areas of particular interest include, but are not exclusive to, nanostructured biomaterials, light-triggered therapy options for the treatment of cancer, wound healing and infectious diseases.
Tanveer has over 8 years of research and teaching experience in the areas of Biomaterials, Nanomedicine, Biomedical Engineering, Tissue Engineering and Nanotechnology. He has authored or co-authored more than 20 peer-reviewed articles on basic and applied research topics, with a primary focus on nanomedicine and medical physics.He is a frequent reviewer for journals Nanotechnology, Biomedical Physics and Engineering Express, Materials, Nanomaterials, Journal of Bioengineering and Functional Biomaterials.He serves as a member of Editorial Board of Journal faculty of Engineering and Technology since 2012, and Member, Scientific Committee of ACIDIC, Italy.
- Graphene-based medical imaging – a slow training coming, Nikolaev Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Novosibirsk, Russia. 22-24 November, 2018
- Nanostructured graphene for effective water cleaning, Nanjing Tech University, Nanjing, China, 14-17 October 2018
- Can vibrational spectroscopy help us predict the biocompatibility of graphene quantum dots in renal tissues, University of Malaya, Malaysia, 20-22 July, 2018
- Fabrication of graphene nanopres for application in marine biology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara. Turkey 11-15 September, 2017
- Enzymatic biodegradability of three-dimensional graphene framework for use in neural stem cell culture, Centre for graphene science, EPSRC CDT in Metamaterials, University of Exeter, 7th of October 2016
- Luminescent graphene quantum dots as a cancer theranostic agent, The Exeter Imaging Network (EIN), College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, UK, 1st February 2016
- In vivo and in vitro toxicity of luminescent graphene nanocrystals, Centre for graphene science, EPSRC CDT in Metamaterials, University of Exeter, 8th November, 2015
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- SCI, UK
- American Physical Society (APS),
- Royal Microscopical Society (RMS)
- Mediterranean Institute of Fundamental Physics (MIFP).
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
- Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
- Wound research network, Tissue Viability Society, UK
- Head and Neck Optical Diagnostics and Intervention Society (HNODIS)
- Chinese Society of Chemical Science and Technology.