Dr Narsireddy Anugu
Narsireddy Anugu is a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Exeter, UK and visiting postdoctoral fellow at the University of Michigan, USA, since August 2016. Before this, he obtained his PhD in Astrophysics and instrumentation from the University of Porto in Portugal in 2016. He worked on the European Southern Observatory VLTI-GRAVITY instrument for his PhD thesis and is currently working on CHARA array instrumentation (including, MIRC-X and MYSTIC infrared interferometer beam combiners and adaptive optics). Anugu works with Prof. Stefan Kraus at the University of Exeter. For his astrophysical science, he is interested in high angular resolution study of post-AGB circumbinary disks.Experience and education:
- 2016 - Present: Associate research fellow, University of Exeter, UK
- 2016 - Present: Visiting research fellow, University of Michigan, USA
- 2012 - 2016: PhD in Astrophysics and instrumentation, University of Porto, Portugal (Thesis project: ESO/VLTI/GRAVITY, Supervisor: Prof. Paulo Garcia)
- 2009 - 2011: Master of Technology in astronomical instrumentation, Indian Institute of Astrophysics & University of Calcutta, India (Thesis project adaptive optics)
- 2003 - 2006: Bachelor of Science in Physics, Osmania University, India.