Dr David Acreman
Senior Research Fellow
Telephone: 01392 725520
Extension: (Streatham) 5520
I am a Senior Research Fellow working at the interface between Computer Science and Physics. I am currently a member of the Computer Science department and was previosuly a member of the Astrophysics group. My astrophysics publications can be found on ADS.
My current research interests relate to scientific computing using current and future High Performance Computing architectures, and the development of the associated algorithms. I am Exeter's co-lead on the GW4 Isambard system which provides a range of advanced architectures to enable performance comparisons and algorithm development for next generation hardware.
- EPSRC: EP/V001523/1 (PI: Prof R. Bower, Durham) "Massively Parallel Particle Hydrodynamics for Engineering and Astrophysics"
- EPSRC: EP/V001493/1 (PI: Dr D. Ham, Imperial College) "Gen X: ExCALIBUR working group on Exascale continuum mechanics through code generation."
- EPSRC: EP/T022078/1 (PI: Prof S. McIntosh-Smith, Bristol) "GW4 Tier-2 HPC Centre for Advanced Architectures"
- EPSRC: EP/T022205/1 (PI: Prof. W. Armour, Oxford) "JADE: Joint Academic Data science Endeavour - 2"
- EPSRC: EP/T023635/1 (PI: Prof. N. Gow, Exeter) "University of Exeter - Core Capital 2019"
- NERC: NE/R008795/1 (PI: Prof. C. Cotter, Imperial College), "Parallel Paradigms for Numerical Weather Prediction"
- EPSRC: EP/R029628/1 (PI: Prof. B. Wingate, Exeter), "On the way to the asymptotic limit: mathematics of slow-fast coupling in PDEs"
I am module leader for the "High Performance Computing" module (ECM3446/ECMM461). This module is available in the third year of the undergraduate Computer Science programme (ECM3446) and Computer Science MSc programmes (ECMM461). If you are a PhD student who would like to attend the module please register using the taught module request form.