Dr Samantha Ferrett
Potdoctoral Research Fellow
Telephone: 01392 722251
Extension: (Streatham) 2251
I'm a Postdoctoral Research Fellow currently working on the CIRCULATES project. My work involves assessment of cloud feedbacks in current coupled climate models.
- Representation of the tropical climate and weather in coupled climate models and forecast models.
- Uncertainty in future changes in climate.
- Tropical waves and their links to high impact weather in Southeast Asia.
- Dynamics and teleconnections of modes of variability (e.g. El Nino-Southern Oscillation) in the Tropical Pacific.
Current Research Projects:
- CIRCULATES: A project examining uncertainty in cloud feedbacks.
- FORSEA (University of Reading): This project is part of the WCSSP: SE Asia programme, examining how well newly developed Met Office convective scale forecasting systems predict the timing, location and severity of high impact weather in SE Asia