Dr Paul Burns
Telephone: 01392 725280
Extension: (Streatham) 5280
My current work is focused on investigating the role of nonlinear resonance in the longevity of low-frequency and large scale dynamics. Systems are investigated by combining mathematical analysis with numerical simulation of fluids using spectral-methods and finite element method (FEM) models.
Detailed information about my career in research and teaching is provided on my personal webpage http://www.paulburnsdr.com
Some highlights include the following:
- Researcher Co-I for current project
- Lecturer for the Msc module Waves, Instabilities and Turbulence, for which we received excellent student feedback
- Co-supervised 5 student MSc projects
- Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society
- Committee member for Insitute of Physics group Nonlinear and Complex Physics
- Session Chair at the 72nd Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society's Division of Fluid Dynamics (DFD), Seattle, USA, 2019.