Ms Megan Maunder
I am a third year PhD Student in the Centre for Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics, Solar-Terrestrial Plasmas and Space Weather. Under the supervision of Dr Claire Foullon, I am in receipt of an STFC funded Studentship for a 'Multi-Spacecraft Investigation of Solar and Heliospheric Plasmas'.
I graduated from the University of Exeter in 2018 with an MSci Mathematics (Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics) and a College Commendation. My master's project was titled 'STEREO Investigation of High Latitude Coronal Mass Ejections'.
My research interests include solar and heliospheric plasmas and Space Weather, with a particular interest in Coronal Mass Ejections.
- STMG Seminar, St Andrews (Invited Online Seminar)- December 2020
- Autumn MIST 2020 (Online Talk) - November 2020
- 3rd UK Solar Orbiter Workshop, St Andrews (Talk)- January 2020
- EMPS PGR Conference, Exeter (Talk) - January 2020
- CGAFD Seminar, Exeter (Seminar) - March 2019
- NAM2019, Bath (Poster) - July 2019
Royal Astronomical Society:
I am also a member of the Royal Astronomical Membership Committee.
Myself and Paul Bowen were the Mathematics PGR Representatives for 2018/19. Post-Graduate Research Students are welcome to get in touch if they have any questions about the role.
Post-Graduate Teaching Assistant:
I have been a Post-Graduate Teaching Assistant at the University since 2018. I completed LTHE1&2 in 2018/19 and have worked on the following modules:
- NSC1002 Mathematics and Computing: Integrative Tools for Natural Sciences (2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21)
- MTH2003 Differential Equations (2019/2020, 2020/21)
- MTH3008 Partial Differential Equations (2018/19, 2019/2020, 2020/21)
- MTH3007 Fluid Dynamics (2019/2020)