Dr Matt Hawcroft
Copyright Notice: Any articles made available for download are for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the copyright holder.
- Hawcroft M, Walsh E, Hodges K, Zappa G. (2018) Significantly increased extreme precipitation expected in Europe and North America from extratropical cyclones, ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH LETTERS, volume 13, no. 12, article no. ARTN 124006, DOI:10.1088/1748-9326/aaed59. [PDF]
- Booth BBB, Harris GR, Jones A, Wilcox L, Hawcroft M, Carslaw KS. (2018) Comments on "Rethinking the Lower Bound on Aerosol Radiative Forcing", JOURNAL OF CLIMATE, volume 31, no. 22, pages 9407-9412, DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0369.1. [PDF]
- Haywood JM, Jones AC, Dunstone N, hawcroft M, Hodges K, Jones A, Emanuel K. (2017) Impacts of hemispheric solar geoengineering on tropical cyclone frequency, Nature Communications. [PDF]
- Stephens GL, Hakuba MZ, Hawcroft MK, Haywood JM, Behrangi A, Kay JE, Webster PJ. (2016) The Curious Nature of the Hemispheric Symmetry of the Earth’s Water and Energy Balances, Current Climate Change Reports, DOI:10.1007/s40641-016-0043-9.
- Hawcroft MK, Collins M, Haywood J, Jones A, Jones AC, Stephens G. (2016) Southern Ocean albedo, inter-hemispheric energy transports and the double ITCZ: global impacts of biases in a coupled model, Climate Dynamics: observational, theoretical and computational research on the climate system, DOI:10.1007/s00382-016-3205-5. [PDF]
- Hawcroft MK, Dacre HF, Forbes RM, Hodges KI, Shaffrey LC, Stein THM. (2016) Using satellite data and reanalysis to evaluate the representation of diabatic processes in extratropical cyclones in a climate model, Climate Dynamics: observational, theoretical and computational research on the climate system, DOI:10.1007/s00382-016-3204-6. [PDF]
- Hawcroft MK, Shaffrey LC, Hodges KI, Dacre HF. (2015) Can climate models represent the precipitation associated with extratropical cyclones?, Climate Dynamics, DOI:10.1007/s00382-015-2863-z. [PDF]
- Zappa G, Hawcroft MK, Shaffrey L, Black E, Brayshaw DJ. (2015) Extratropical cyclones and the projected decline of winter Mediterranean precipitation in the CMIP5 models, Climate Dynamics, volume 45, no. 7-8, pages 1727-1738, DOI:10.1007/s00382-014-2426-8.
- Washington R, Hawcroft MK. (2012) Climate Change in West African Agriculture: Recent Trends, Current Projections, Crop-Climate Suitability, and Prospects for Improved Climate Model Information, CCAFS, Copenhagen. [PDF]
- Washington R, New M, Hawcroft MK, Pearce H, Rahiz M, Karmacharya J. (2012) Climate Change in CCAFS Regions: Recent Trends, Current Projections, Crop-Climate Suitability, and Prospects for Improved Climate Model Information, CCAFS, Copenhagen. [PDF]
- Dacre HF, Hawcroft MK, Stringer MA, Hodges KI. (2012) An extratropical cyclone atlas a tool for illustrating cyclone structure and evolution characteristics, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, volume 93, no. 10, pages 1497-1502, DOI:10.1175/BAMS-D-11-00164.1. [PDF]
- Hawcroft MK, Shaffrey LC, Hodges KI, Dacre HF. (2012) How much Northern Hemisphere precipitation is associated with extratropical cyclones?, Geophysical Research Letters, volume 39, no. 24, DOI:10.1029/2012GL053866. [PDF]
Showing 12 publications from Symplectic.