Dr Hamid Alemi Ardakani
Lecturer in Mathematics
Telephone: 01326 213772
Visit my Personal Website which includes topics for researchers and students.
If you are interested in doing a Ph.D. please email me directly. UK/EU students are welcome to contact me if they wish to develop their own Ph.D. research proposal for the EPSRC DTP and NERC DTP studentship opportunities.
I am offering to supervise self-funded PhD students in the areas of
- Well-balanced finite volume Riemann methods for hyperbolic partial differential equations in fluid mechanics.
- Geometric and structure-preserving algorithm design and numerical analysis.
- Lagrangian, Hamiltonian, and geometric fluid mechanics.
- Hamiltonian particle-mesh theory.
- Variational methods and long-time computational modelling of ocean wave energy extraction.
ECM3908: Partial Differential Equations
ECM2908: Vector Calculus and Applications
ECMM903: Computational Modelling and Simulation