Dr Seyed M. Sadr
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Telephone: 01392 724075
Extension: (Streatham) 4075
Dr Seyed M. K. Sadr is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in water and wastewater engineering at the Centre for Water Systems (CWS), University of Exeter. Dr Sadr has joined the CWS in 2014 once he obtained his PhD at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Surrey, UK. During his PhD he worked on the evaluation of various advanced water/wastewater treatment technologies for removal of emerging pollutants such as Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care Products (PPCPs). During his PhD, he also developed a number of multi-criteria based models/tools to assess the applicability of advanced treatment technologies (e.g. membrane processes/technologies).
In his first role at the University of Exeter (July 2014 – February 2017), he was appointed as the main researcher working on two EU funded projects; Water4India and SARASWATI. In these two projects Dr Sadr has led three work packages with the main responsibility for the development of decision support tools (WETSUiT, DoWET and WiSDOM). The tools were necessary for identification/evaluation of optimal system configurations for advanced water treatment, wastewater treatment, and water saving devices in India.
In his current position (Started in March 2017), Seyed works with Prof David Butler and his team in “Safe and SuRe: Towards a New Paradigm for Urban Water Management”. Seyed is working on adaptation pathways of strategic planning for flexible management of urban drainage systems.
· Modelling and process optimization in water/wastewater engineering
· Decision support systems and technology selection methods
· Water purification systems
· Membrane technologies for water reuse applications
· Occurrence and fate of emerging pollutants in aquatic environments
· Urban water concepts and Future City
· Water supply, sanitation, and environmental issues in developing countries
· Water Resources and Pollution Control (2016 - Present)
· Water Treatment (2014 –Present)
· Sewerage, Wastewater Treatment, and Waste Management (2014)
· Wastewater Treatment and Sewerage (MSc) (2013)
· Pollution Control and Waste Management (MSc) (2014)
· Surveying and Civil Engineering Practices (2011 - 2015)
· Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics (2013)
· Engineering Mathematics (2011 – 2014)
· European Study Tour (MSc) (2013)
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Seyed_Sadr