Dr Seyed M. Sadr
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Dr Seyed M. K. Sadr is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in water and wastewater engineering at the Centre for Water Systems (CWS), University of Exeter. Dr Sadr has joined the CWS in 2014 once he obtained his PhD at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Surrey, UK. During his PhD he worked on the evaluation of various advanced water/wastewater treatment technologies for removal of emerging pollutants such as Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care Products (PPCPs). During his PhD, he also developed a number of multi-criteria based models/tools to assess the applicability of advanced treatment technologies (e.g. membrane processes/technologies).
In his first role at the University of Exeter (July 2014 – February 2017), he was appointed as the main researcher working on two EU funded projects; Water4India and SARASWATI. In these two projects Dr Sadr has led three work packages with the main responsibility for the development of decision support tools (WETSUiT, DoWET and WiSDOM). The tools were necessary for identification/evaluation of optimal system configurations for advanced water treatment, wastewater treatment, and water saving devices in India.
In his second appointment at the CWS (March 2017 - March 2018), Seyed worked with Prof David Butler and his team in “Safe and SuRe: Towards a New Paradigm for Urban Water Management”. Seyed focused on the robustness of integrated urban wastewater systems under deep uncertainty and adaptation pathways for flexible management of urban drainage systems.
Since March 2018, Seyed has works on a NERC funded project called “The Fate and Management of Emerging Contaminants (FaME)”. He is a named researcher and was part of the grant application preparation team. This project is led by Prof Fayyaz Memon and won an India-UK Water Quality Award. The FAME project is designed to investigate emerging contaminants in the major Indian rivers and wastewater treatment works, as well as creating novel and affordable treatment solutions for urban and rural India. Seyed is leading a work package which aimed at developing a user-friendly decision support tool for the selection optimal wastewater and sludge treatment systems with the main focus on the removal and control of emerging pollutants.
- Modelling and process optimization in water/wastewater engineering
- Decision support systems and technology selection methods
- Water purification systems and water dispensers
- Membrane technologies for water reuse applications
- Occurrence and fate of emerging pollutants in aquatic environments
- Urban water concepts and Future City
- Water supply, sanitation, and environmental issues in developing countries
- Water and Environmental Systems, M.Sc. (2019 - Present)
- Environmenal Processes, M.Sc. (2018 - Present)
- Water Resources and Pollution Control (2016 - Present)
- Sewerage, Wastewater Treatment, and Waste Management (2014)
- Wastewater Treatment and Sewerage, M.Sc. (2013)
- Pollution Control and Waste Management, M.Sc. (2014)
- Surveying and Civil Engineering Practices (2011 - 2015)
- Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics (2013)
- Engineering Mathematics (2011 – 2014)
- European Study Tour, M.Sc. (2013)
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Seyed_Sadr