Dr Gianmario Rinaldi
I received a BSc degree in Energy Engineering, a MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, and a PhD degree in Control Systems Engineering from the University of Pavia, Italy, in 2014, 2016, and 2019, respectively.
I have been a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences at the University of Exeter (2019-2021). The research activity undertaken during my Postdoc was mainly focused on the design and experimental validation (in sea) of advanced information-driven optimal navigation and control strategies for underwater electric vehicles. Further details of this UKRI-NERC funded project can be found at https://www.campus-marine.org/home
Since 2021, I am Lecturer in Clean Powertrains (Education & Research), joining the Centre of Future Clean Mobility of the University of Exeter. I am also currently collaborating on Innovative UK-funded grants (as co-investigator) to develop clean solutions for marine applications and off-road heavy-duty vehicles.
Research Interests and Applications
My research interests include:
- identification, estimation and control;
- variable structure/sliding mode systems.
My research applications include:
- energy networks and power systems modelling, estimation and control;
- control and path planning of autonomous vehicles;
- energy management and control of clean powertrains;
- epidemiological models.
ECMM102: Group Project, Formula Students, Academic Supervisor https://www.xracing.co.uk/
- Discussion and encouragement for multi-disciplinary team working.
- Supporting the development analysis and reporting.
- Bring forth clean mobility and carbon efficient practices in the Formula Students Project, aligning it with the Centre for Future Clean Mobility (CFCM) perspectives.
ECM3174: Engineering Year in Industry
ECM3175: Individual Project
ECMM164: Msc Dissertation
- My Google Scholar webpage (academic publications): https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=aVO4RL0AAAAJ&hl=en
- My ResearchGate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gianmario-Rinaldi
- My Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gianmario-rinaldi-5aaaa0b6/
- The Centre of Future Clean Mobility Webpage: https://futurecleanmobility.com/