Dr Chuang Wen
Lecturer in Computational Engineering (E&R)
Dr Chuang Wen is a Lecturer in Computational Engineering at the University of Exeter. He is a dynamic academic who is passionate about tackling climate challenges using computational approaches.
Dr Wen obtained his BEng from the China University of Petroleum in 2007, where he completed his joint PhD in collaboration with CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Australia) in 2014. Prior to his current appointment at the University of Exeter, Dr Wen worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Technical University of Denmark, University of Nottingham and City University of London. Dr Wen was awarded several prestigious fellowships to support his innovative research including Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship, H.C. Ørsted Fellowship, SPE Star Fellowship, etc.
- Computational Engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Clean and Smart Energy
Honours and Awards
- 2019, Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship, European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
- 2016, H.C. Ørsted Fellowship, co-funded by Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions and Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- 2014, ICC Young Researcher Registration Award, International Corrosion Council, No more than two Awardees every three years.
- 2013, SPE Star Fellowship, Society of Petroleum Engineers, USA
- 2011, Postgraduate Top-up Research Scholarships, Australia-China Natural Gas Technology Partnership Fund
- Guest Editor for international journals including:
Advances in Applied Energy
Heat Transfer Engineering
Heat and Mass Transfer
Frontiers in Energy Research
- Conference Secretary and Member of Organising Committee, 16th UK Heat Transfer Conference (UKHTC2019), 8-10 September 2019, Nottingham, UK
- Session Chair at international conferences including:
7th Applied Energy Symposium 2021: Low Carbon Cities and Urban Energy Systems
International Symposium of Heat Transfer and Heat Powered Cycle 2016
3rd International Symposium of Fluids and Thermal Engineering
16th UK Heat Transfer Conference.
- External Reviewer for the National Science Foundation of Poland, National Research Foundation of South Africa, National Center of Science and Technology Evaluation (Kazakhstan).