Mr Tom Buckle
Machine learning approaches for ore deposit characterization in the northern limb of the Bushveld Complex
The aim of my PhD research is to attempt to understand the mineralisation in the northern limb of the Bushveld Complex using machine learning on a large bulk geochemical dataset.
My PhD is part of a large consortium project (NL4D) funded by Anglo American involving University of Exeter (CSM), Cardiff University and University of Leicester.
- 2021 - Present: PhD | Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter
- 2016 - 2021: Senior Research Technician | Heriot Watt University
- 2015 - 2016: MSc Reservoir Evaluation & Management | Heriot Watt University
- 2010 - 2015: Exploration & Production Geologist | BHP
- 2007 - 2010: BSc Applied Geology | Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter