Dr Lewis Meyer
Senior Lecturer in Mining Engineering
Telephone: 01326 253766
ACSM, MCSM BEng MSc PhD CEng FIMMM MCIM PCAP FHEA
Lewis is a chartered mining engineer with 30 years experience in mining, rock mechanics and underground civil construction.
The early part of his career was spent in production mining in Australia and Southern Africa.
On returning to the United Kingdom, he competed an MSc before joining a civil engineering consultancy gaining experience in design, project and contract management on various tunnelling projects in London.
Following completion of a PhD in Geomechanics, Lewis spent six years working as a consultant rock mechanics engineer on overseas projects. In 2007 he joined Wardell Armstrong International mining consultancy working on feasibility sudies, techical due diligence and reserve reporting.
Lewis joined the staff on the Camborne School of Mines in 2014 (Education and Scholarship Lecturer) Teaching Geotechnics, Mine Planning and Design.
Introducing Deswik Advanced Mine Planning Software to the undergraduate and masters programmes.
Lewis has been shortlisted for the Exeter Guide / FXU Teaching Awards - Best Lecturer catagory twice.
Runner-up in the Exeter Guide / FXU Teaching Awards - Best Lecturer catagory in 2016
Shortlisted in the Exeter Guide / FXU Teaching Awards - Best Lecturer catagory in 2018 (top four)
and received a FXU You're Brilliant Award 2018 and 2019.
- BEng Mining Engineering - Camborne School of Mines
- MSc Rock Mechanics and Foundation Engineering - Newcastle University
- PhD Geomechanics - University of Exeter
- PCAP Postgraduate Certificatein in Academic Practice - University of Exeter
- Chartered Engineer
- Fellow of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- Member of British Tunnelling Society
- Member of the Cornish Institute of Engineers
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Mining. Metallurgy and Petroleum.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Aspire Fellowship.