Dr Chris Yeomans
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
WHAT I DO AT CSM
- Geothermal Power Generated from UK Granites (GWatt) project: Postdoctoral Research Fellow within the Camborne School of Mines working on the NERC-funded GWatt project. The research is in collaboration with the British Geological Survey and Heriot-Watt University and strategic partners including Cornwall Council and the United Downs Deep Geothermal Power (UDDGP) Project operated by Geothermal Engineering Ltd and GeoScience Ltd.
More details are available GWatt and SW England geothermal research here.
- Research Collaborations: present and past collaborators include the British Geological Survey, Cornish Lithium, Cornwall Council, Cornwall Resources, GeoScience, Satellite Applications Catapults and Wolf Minerals on projects using airborne geophysics for regional exploration for metalliferous and geothermal resources in SW England.
- Teaching: guest lecturer for a variety of modules on GIS-based digital field mapping, airborne geophysics, mineral exploration and machine learning. Supervision of MSc projects.
- Deep geothermal energy exploration
- Machine learning applications in geology
- Remote mapping of geological phenomena
- SW England geology
- Ore deposit geology and mineral exploration with a focus on tin, tungsten, lithium, copper and uranium
- Structural geology
- Airborne geophysics
- 2014- 2018: PhD Geology, University of Exeter
- 2013-2014: MSc Mining Geology, University of Exeter
- 2007-2011: MSci Resource and Applied Geology, University of Birmingham
- Member of the Ussher Society
- Webmaster for the Ussher Society
- Webmaster for the Mineral Deposit Studies Group
- Secretary for the SGA UK Student Chapter