Dr Yulei Wu
Senior Lecturer in Computer Science
Telephone: 01392 725832
Extension: (Streatham) 5832
Dr. Yulei Wu is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of Exeter. He received his Ph.D. degree in Computing and Mathematics and B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Computer Science from the University of Bradford, UK, in 2010 and 2006, respectively.
His recent research has been supported by UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), London Mathematical Society, National Natural Science Foundation of China, University's Innovation Platform (Link Fund) and industry.
Dr. Wu serves as an Associate Editor or a Member of Editorial Board for several international journals including IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management and Elsevier Computer Networks, as well as a Guest Editor for many international journals, e.g., IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing, IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, and Elsevier Computer Networks. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, and a Fellow of the HEA.
I am currently interested in using state-of-the-art technologies in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, optimisation, deep learning, graph theory, game theory, etc. to pave the way for smart networks and services. Intelligence, Efficiency, and Trust (IET) are the three key objectives of our researches to make "true" smart networks for diversified vertical services, e.g., healthcare, industry 4.0, transportation.
- Future Internet/Network Architecture and Technologies: Network Slicing and Softwarisation, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV), clean-slate post-IP network technologies (e.g., Information Centric Networking), Cloud Computing, Edge Computing, 5G and beyond-5G
- Intelligent Networking Technologies: Big Data for Networking, Big Data Analytics in Networking Applications, Computational Intelligence in Networking, Stochastic Combinatorial Optimisation, Game Theory, Graph Neural Networks
- Wireless Networks: Radio Access Networks, Cognitive Radio, Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
- Green Networking: Energy-Efficiency
- Network Security and Privacy: Privacy Protection, Accountability, Encrypted Traffic Detection and Classification, Anomaly Detection
- Analytical Modelling and Performance Optimisation: Queueing Theory, Network Calculus, Stochastic Process
- I am looking for self-motivated, creative and hardworking PhD students (or Visiting scholars/students) working together to do interesting researches. If you are interested, please email me your CV, transcripts, IELTS score, and everything else that you believe will help your application.