Dr Tinkle Chugh
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Telephone: 01392 725358
Extension: (Streatham) 5358
Hello, I am Tinkle Chugh, working as Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science, University of Exeter, UK. Between Feb 2018 and June 2020, I worked as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the BIG data methods for improving windstorm FOOTprint prediction (BigFoot) project. I received my Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mathematical Information Technology in 2017 from the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland and Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Chemical Engineering in 2012 from Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India.
My research interests are in using crowdsourcing Big data in estimating windstorm footprints, Bayesian optimization, multiple criteria decision making, and hydrodynamic design of centrifugal pumps.
- NERC, CINITDIEN - Championing Innovation in the Digital Enviorment, £ 10000, Tinkle Chugh (PI) (2020-2021)
- "BIG data methods for improving windstorm FOOTprint prediction (BigFoot)'' funded by National Environment Research Council (NERC) UK (2017-2021). I worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the project.
- "Hydrodynamic Design of Pumps'' funded by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Czech Republic under OP VVV Programme (2018-2022). I am involved as a Scientific Researcher in the project.
- Wind farm layout optimization under uncertainty using wind speed forecasting through probabilistic models and comparison with machine learning algorithms under SPARC UKIERI funding (2019-2020): A India and UK collaboration for the Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration. I am involved as a Postdoctoral Researcher in the project.
- "Finland Distinguished Professor (FiDiPro)" project "Decision support for complex multiobjective optimization problems (DeCoMo)" funded by Tekes: The Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation (2015-2017). I worked as a Ph.D. student and Postdoctoral Researcher in the project.
- "Calibrating Citizen Weather Stations", Virtual Seminar with National Oceanographic Center and Digital Enviornment Expert Network teams, May 13, 2020
- "Evolutionary Computation and Applications" Met Office, Exeter, Jan 31, 2019
- "Handling expensive multiple objectives with different latencies", University of Surrey, UK, April 11, 2018
- "Evolutionary Computation in Practice" Aalto University, Finland, Nov 24, 2017
Funding and Grants
- Received a grant of 10k GBP from UKRI-NERC under Digital Environment Programme. I will working as NERC CDE (National Environment Research Council, Constructing a Digital Environment) Fellow - Early Career Researcher Member of the NERC Expert Network.
- Received an award of 1000 GBP from the University of Exeter under RLI to organize an internal workshop on MCDM. Thanks to The Institute of Data Science and AI for providing additional 500 GBP.
- Together with Prof. Kishalay Mitra in India and Prof. Richard Everson and Prof. Jonathan Fieldsend in Exeter, we received the SPARC UKIERI funding of 65k GBP: A India and UK collaboration for the promotion of academic and research collaboration. The project aims to build probabilistic and machine learning models for wind farm layout optimization under uncertainty.
- Received external funding from the Faculty of Infomation Technology, University of Jyvaskyla Finland to attend the GECCO 2018 Conference in Kyoto, Japan
- Grant for four months (September 2014 to December 2014) for PhD studies from the Department of Mathematical Information Technology, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Grant for one year (September 2013 to August 2014) from COMAS Doctoral Program in Computing and Mathematical Sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Received "Best Student Paper Award " at the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Compuation (IEEE CEC) conference, San Sebastian, Spain in June 2017
Press release at the University of Jyvaskyla
Press release at the University of Surrey
- Received "Academic Excellence Award" in M.Tech from former President of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
I regularly organize workshops in international conferences and at the University of Exeter. Below is the list of my workshops organized:
- Workshop on Multiple Criteria Decision Making at the University of Exeter on April 4, 2019
- Workshop on Data Science meets Multiple Criteria Decision Making at the International Conference on MCDM held on June 16-21, 2019 in Istanbul, Turkey
- Workshop on Evolutionary Computation + Multiple Criteria Decision Making at the GECCO conference held on July 13-17, 2019 in Prgaue, Czech Republic
- Workshop on Data-driven Optimization and Applications at the IEEE CEC conference held on June 10-13 in Wellington, New Zealand
- Reviewer of journals IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, Soft Computing, Applied Soft Computing, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Information Sciences, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence, Kybernetika, Natural Computing, Journal of Global Optimization, Complex and Intelligent Systems, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, and conferences GECCO, IJCNN, MCDM, and IEEE SSCI
- Invited to participate in special group workshop on MACODA: Many Criteria Optimization and Decision Analysis (16 - 20 Sep 2019) in Leiden, Netherlands
- Participated in Doctoral Network Training Cruise Seminar (arranged by Prof. Ahti Salo, Aalto University School of Science) from Helsinki to Tallinn, 29-30 May 2017
- Visited Prof. Yaochu Jin at the University of Surrey, the UK as a Ph.D. student in July-August 2016 and September-November 2015
- Invited to attend in workshop on surrogate-assisted multi-criteria optimization (SAMCO) from Feb 29 to March 4, 2016, Leiden, Netherlands
- Participated in EURO PhD School on MCDM from Feb 17 to Feb 28, 2014, Madrid, Spain