Mr Matthew Hilling
Computing Development Officer
Matthew graduated from Exeter University in 1998. He achieved a BSc in Management Science and Information Technology from what was then the MSOR department in the School of Mathematics. Matthew started working at the University in December 2000 since when he has been part of the mergers with Engineering, Mathematics and then Physics/CSM and now supports users across 5 buildings on 2 campuses.
As a member of the Computer Support team in the College his tasks include:
- Managing Windows software licences and the license server
- Supporting web and internet technologies and use within the College
- Windows operating system software and application support to all staff, postgraduates and undergraduates
- Maintaining the network infrastructure within the Harrison Building
- Control of the budget for telephony within the College
- Providing IT support for research and teaching
- Administering the undergraduate web server which provides MySQL and PHP functionality to students and staff
Outside of employment his main interest is in church bell ringing. He is the Ringing Master at Exeter Cathedral, is a member of The Guild of Devonshire Ringers and is the Secretary for the student ringing society The Exeter Colleges Guild.