All our departments hold Athena SWAN Bronze awards, and Mathematics and Computer Science also holds a Silver award.
We are committed to undertaking research that will help to tackle some of the biggest problems of the 21st century: modelling climate change, sustainable urban water supply, malaria diagnosis, new optical imaging techniques to treat brain disease, and bomb-proof materials.
Much of our research is interdisciplinary, with academics from across the College collaborating to research topics in more depth. The College plays a pivotal role in four of the five key interdisciplinary research themes within the University's Science Strategy: climate change and sustainable futures, extrasolar planets, functional materials and systems biology. We will also be actively involved in the interdisciplinary research led by the Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI), which is based on our Cornwall Campus near Falmouth.
Our research is funded by the Research Councils; charities and through multiple industry collaborations.
Research centres and groups
- Centre for Additive Layer Manufacturing
- Centre for Alternative Materials and Remanufacturing Technologies
- Centre for Energy and the Environment
- Centre for Graphene Science
- Centre for Water Systems
- Exeter Advanced Technologies
- Computational Geomechanics
- Civil and Structures
- Dynamics and Control
- Nano Engineering Science and Technology Group
- Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Vibration Engineering
- Water Engineering
- Centre for Biomedical Modelling and Analysis
- Centre for Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Centre for Predictive Modelling in Healthcare
- Centre for Systems, Dynamics and Control
- Climate Change and Sustainable Futures
- Exeter Climate Systems
- Exeter Initiative for Statistics and its Applications
- Extrasolar Planets
- Mathematics and the Environment
- Pure Mathematics
- Systems Biology
- Statistical Science