Dr Xiaoyu Yan
Copyright Notice: Any articles made available for download are for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the copyright holder.
- Peng T, Ou X, Yan X, Wang G. (2019) Life-cycle analysis of energy consumption and GHG emissions of aluminium production in China, Energy Procedia, volume 158, pages 3937-3943, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.849.
- Moriarty P, Yan X, Wang SJ. (2019) Liquid biofuels: Not a long-term transport solution, Energy Procedia, volume 158, pages 3265-3270, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.986.
- Yan X, Wang SJ. (2019) Infrastructure-integrated photovoltaic (IIPV): A boost to solar energy's green credentials?, Energy Procedia, volume 158, pages 3314-3318, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.973.
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X, Li J, Zeng X. (2019) Temporally explicit life cycle assessment as an environmental performance decision making tool in rare earth project development, Minerals Engineering, volume 135, pages 64-73, DOI:10.1016/j.mineng.2019.02.043. [PDF]
- Pell R, Tijsseling L, Palmer LW, Glass H, Yan X, Wall F, Zeng X, Li J. (2018) Environmental optimisation of mine scheduling through life cycle assessment integration, Resources, Conservation and Recycling. [PDF]
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X, Bailey G. (2018) Applying and advancing the economic resource scarcity potential (ESP) method for rare earth elements, Resources Policy, DOI:10.1016/j.resourpol.2018.10.003. [PDF]
- Matthew GS, Fitch-Roy OWF, Connor PM, Woodman B, Thies P, Hussain E, Mahmood H, Abusara M, Yan X, Hardwick J. (2018) ICE report T2.1.2 - ICE general methodology, INTERREG, University of Exeter, 52 pages. [PDF]
- Mcgrane SJ, Acuto M, Artioli F, Chen PY, Comber R, Cottee J, Farr-Wharton G, Green N, Helfgott A, Larcom S. (2018) Scaling the nexus: Towards integrated frameworks for analysing water, energy and food, Geographical Journal, DOI:10.1111/geoj.12256.
- Peng T, Ou X, Yuan Z, Yan X, Zhang X. (2018) Development and application of China provincial road transport energy demand and GHG emissions analysis model, Applied Energy, volume 222, pages 313-328, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.03.139. [PDF]
- Yuan Z, Ou X, Peng T, Yan X. (2018) Development and application of a life cycle greenhouse gas emission analysis model for mobile air conditioning systems, Applied Energy, volume 221, pages 161-179, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.03.073.
- Salmoral G, Yan X. (2018) Food-energy-water nexus: A life cycle analysis on virtual water and embodied energy in food consumption in the Tamar catchment, UK, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 133, pages 320-330, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2018.01.018. [PDF]
- Peng T, Ou X, Yan X. (2018) Development and application of an electric vehicles life-cycle energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions analysis model, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, volume 131, pages 699-708, DOI:10.1016/j.cherd.2017.12.018.
- Liu H, Ou X, Yuan J, Yan X. (2018) Experience of producing natural gas from corn straw in China, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 135, pages 216-224, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2017.10.005. [PDF]
- Maier M, Mueller M, Yan X. (2017) Introduction of a spatiotemporal Life Cycle Inventory method using a wind energy example, Energy Procedia, volume 142, pages 3035-3040, DOI:10.1016/j.egypro.2017.12.441. [PDF]
- Pell R, Wall F, Yan X, Bailey G. (2017) Response to ‘Assessing the energy requirements and global warming potential of the production of rare earth elements’, Journal of Cleaner Production, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.06.059. [PDF]
- Zhang Q, Ou X, Yan X, Zhang X. (2017) Electric Vehicle Market Penetration and Impacts on Energy Consumption and CO2 Emission in the Future: Beijing Case, Energies, volume 10, no. 2, pages 228-228, DOI:10.3390/en10020228. [PDF]
- Wang Z, Lei T, Lin L, Yang M, Li Z, Xin X, Qi T, He X, Shi J, Yan X. (2017) Comparison of the Physical and Chemical Properties, Performance, and Emissions of Ethyl Levulinate–Biodiesel–Diesel and n -Butanol–Biodiesel–Diesel Blends, Energy & Fuels, volume 31, no. 5, pages 5055-5062, DOI:10.1021/acs.energyfuels.6b02851. [PDF]
- Wang Z, Lei T, Yang M, Li Z, Qi T, Xin X, He X, Ajayebi A, Yan X. (2017) Life cycle environmental impacts of cornstalk briquette fuel in China, Applied Energy, volume 192, pages 83-94, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.01.071. [PDF]
- Yang M, Wang Z, Guo S, Xin X, Qi T, Lei T, Yan X. (2017) Effects of fuel properties on combustion and emissions of a direct injection diesel engine fueled with n-butanol-diesel blends, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, volume 9, no. 1, DOI:10.1063/1.4976714.
- Maier M, Mueller M, Yan X. (2017) Introducing a localised spatio-temporal LCI method with wheat production as exploratory case study, Journal of Cleaner Production, volume 140, pages 492-501, DOI:10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.160. [PDF]
- Wang Z, Li Z, Lei T, Yang M, Qi T, Lin L, Xin X, Ajayebi A, Yang Y, He X. (2016) Life cycle assessment of energy consumption and environmental emissions for cornstalk-based ethyl levulinate, Applied Energy, volume 183, pages 170-181, article no. C, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.08.187. [PDF]
- Wu T, Zhou W, Yan X, Ou X. (2016) Optimal policy design for photovoltaic power industry with positive externality in China, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, volume 115, pages 22-30, DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2016.08.029. [PDF]
- Lei T, Wang Z, Chang X, Lin L, Yan X, Sun Y, Shi X, He X, Zhu J. (2016) Performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine running on optimized ethyl levulinate-biodiesel-diesel blends, Energy, volume 95, pages 29-40, DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2015.11.059. [PDF]
- Yan X, Inderwildi OR, King DA, Boies AM. (2014) Response to Comment on "effects of ethanol on vehicle energy efficiency and implications on ethanol life-cycle greenhouse gas analysis", Environmental Science and Technology, volume 48, no. 16, pages 9953-9954, DOI:10.1021/es503420y.
- Hu J, Lei T, Wang Z, Yan X, Shi X, Li Z, He X, Zhang Q. (2014) Economic, environmental and social assessment of briquette fuel from agricultural residues in China - A study on flat die briquetting using corn stalk, Energy, volume 64, pages 557-566, DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2013.10.028.
- Ou X, Yan X, Zhang X, Zhang X. (2013) Life-cycle energy use and greenhouse gas emissions analysis for bio-liquid jet fuel from open pond-based micro-algae under China conditions, Energies, volume 6, no. 9, pages 4897-4923, DOI:10.3390/en6094897. [PDF]
- Yan X, Inderwildi OR, King DA, Boies AM. (2013) Effects of ethanol on vehicle energy efficiency and implications on ethanol life-cycle greenhouse gas analysis, Environmental Science and Technology, volume 47, no. 11, pages 5535-5544, DOI:10.1021/es305209a.
- Yan X, Boies AM. (2013) Quantifying the uncertainties in life cycle greenhouse gas emissions for UK wheat ethanol, Environmental Research Letters, volume 8, no. 1, DOI:10.1088/1748-9326/8/1/015024. [PDF]
- Wang Z, Lei T, Yue Z, Yan X, He X, Hu J, Zhu J. (2012) A comparison of biomass gasification and pyrolysis in three kinds of reactors using corn stalk pellets, JOURNAL OF RENEWABLE AND SUSTAINABLE ENERGY, volume 4, no. 3, article no. ARTN 033119, DOI:10.1063/1.4729594. [PDF]
- Ou X, Yan X, Zhang X, Liu Z. (2012) Life-cycle analysis on energy consumption and GHG emission intensities of alternative vehicle fuels in China, APPLIED ENERGY, volume 90, no. 1, pages 218-224, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2011.03.032. [PDF]
- Yan X. (2012) Bioethanol and biodiesel as alternative transportation fuels in China: Current status, future potentials, and life cycle analysis, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects, volume 34, no. 12, pages 1067-1075, DOI:10.1080/15567030903452100.
- Wang ZW, Lei TZ, Yan XY, Li YL, He XF, Zhu JL. (2012) Assessment and utilization of agricultural residue resources in henan province, china, BioResources, volume 7, no. 3, pages 3847-3861.
- Ou X, Xiaoyu Y, Zhang X. (2011) Life-cycle energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions for electricity generation and supply in China, APPLIED ENERGY, volume 88, no. 1, pages 289-297, DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2010.05.010. [PDF]
- Shirvani T, Yan X, Inderwildi OR, Edwards PP, King DA. (2011) Life cycle energy and greenhouse gas analysis for algae-derived biodiesel, ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, volume 4, no. 10, pages 3773-3778, DOI:10.1039/c1ee01791h. [PDF]
- Yan X, Tan DKY, Inderwildi OR, Smith JAC, King DA. (2011) Life cycle energy and greenhouse gas analysis for agave-derived bioethanol, Energy and Environmental Science, volume 4, no. 9, pages 3110-3121, DOI:10.1039/c1ee01107c.
- Yan X, Crookes R. (2010) Effects of policy measures on energy demand and greenhouse gas emissions in China's road transport sector, pages 77-96, DOI:10.4324/9780203840764.
- Xunmin O, Yan X, Xiliang Z. (2010) Using coal for transportation in China: Life cycle GHG of coal-based fuel and electric vehicle, and policy implications, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GREENHOUSE GAS CONTROL, volume 4, no. 5, pages 878-887, DOI:10.1016/j.ijggc.2010.04.018. [PDF]
- Yan X, Inderwildi OR, King DA. (2010) Biofuels and synthetic fuels in the US and China: A review of Well-to-Wheel energy use and greenhouse gas emissions with the impact of land-use change, Energy and Environmental Science, volume 3, no. 2, pages 190-197, DOI:10.1039/b915801d.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2010) Energy demand and emissions from road transportation vehicles in China, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, volume 36, no. 6, pages 651-676, DOI:10.1016/j.pecs.2010.02.003.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2009) Reduction potentials of energy demand and GHG emissions in China's road transport sector, Energy Policy, volume 37, no. 2, pages 658-668, DOI:10.1016/j.enpol.2008.10.008.
- Yan X. (2009) Energy demand and greenhouse gas emissions during the production of a passenger car in China, Energy Conversion and Management, volume 50, no. 12, pages 2964-2966, DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2009.07.014.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2009) Life cycle analysis of energy use and greenhouse gas emissions for road transportation fuels in China, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, volume 13, no. 9, pages 2505-2514, DOI:10.1016/j.rser.2009.06.012.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2009) Life cycle energy and greenhouse gas assessment of conventional and alternative fuel options for automobiles in China, UECTC'09 - Proceedings of 2009 US-EU-China Thermophysics Conference - Renewable Energy.
- Hu Z, Tan P, Yan X, Lou D. (2008) Life cycle energy, environment and economic assessment of soybean-based biodiesel as an alternative automotive fuel in China, Energy, volume 33, no. 11, pages 1654-1658, DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2008.06.004.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2007) A Study of energy use in China, ECOS 2007 - Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems, volume 2, pages 1661-1668.
- Yan X, Crookes RJ. (2007) Study on energy use in China, Journal of the Energy Institute, volume 80, no. 2, pages 110-115, DOI:10.1179/174602207X189184.
Showing 46 publications from Symplectic.