Dr Senthilarasu Sundaram
Senior Lecturer in Renewable Energy
Telephone: 01326 259486
My research focus is on third generation Photovoltaics involving different technologies, as well as on the applications of nano structured oxide materials and developing flexible solar cells on metal and polymer foils. In addition, I am concentrating on fundamental scientific studies of new materials, thin films and low-cost device concepts.
I am also a member of the Renewable Energy department in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
- New materials for dye-sensitised solar cells (DSSCs)
- Perovskite solid state solar cells
- Thin film based building integrated PV
- Manufacturability of DSSCs in cooperation with industry in up-scaling them
- Fundamental characterisation of solar cells using impedance and transient spectroscopic measurements.
2006 PhD Physics (Bharathiar University, India)
2001 MPhil Applied Physics (PSG College of Technology, India)
1999 MSc Physics (Bharathiar University, India)
2012-2013 Research Associate, Heriot-Watt University
2010-2012 Research Associate, Loughborough University
2009-2010 Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore
2006-2008 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Chonbuk National University, Republic of Korea