As a research-intensive College we provide an excellent environment for postgraduate study. Through high quality research-led teaching and supervision we support our postgraduate students in reaching their full scientific potential. The College offers a diverse range of postgraduate study options, including taught Masters, Masters by Research, MPhil and PhDs, and a professional doctorate.
Advanced and specialist taught programmes reflect our research expertise, with new knowledge and technologies integrated into the programme content. Research projects are available in both specialist and interdisciplinary research centres, providing a broad range of options for prospective students. Whether you are interested in exploring a specialist area in depth, such as urban water systems or an emerging interdisciplinary field such as Systems Biology, or wish to advance your knowledge of a broader discipline such as Civil Engineering, we have a number of exciting taught Masters degrees for you to consider.
We offer postgraduates an outstanding research environment with state of the art technical facilities and laboratories. As a postgraduate student in the College you will be part of a diverse and friendly community and will enjoy a strong network of support for your academic endeavours. Our research degrees offer superb supervision across our range of specialist fields, with interdisciplinary opportunities across our core disciplines and the wider University.
|Computer Science||Taught programmes||MPhil/PhD study|
|Engineering||Taught programmes||MPhil/PhD and professional doctorates|
|Geology||Taught programmes||PhD study/Masters by research|
|Mathematics||Taught programmes||MPhil/PhD study|
|Mining and Minerals Engineering||Taught programmes||PhD study/Masters by research|
|Physics and Astronomy||MPhil/PhD Physics|
|Renewable Energy||PhD study/Masters by research|
- Research excellence across our disciplines including world-leading research in many fields
- Wide ranging supervision for PhD study across our core disciplines and exciting areas of interdisciplinary research
- Masters programmes providing discipline-specific and generic skills sought by employers
- Numerous funding opportunities, including PhD studentships funded by a variety of research councils and partners
- Exemplary facilities for all subjects, including recent major investments in new and refurbished facilities, providing a fantastic learning environment
- Excellent support for postgraduate students including research skills training and dedicated postgraduate facilities
Detailed information about how to apply, postgraduate student support, dedicated facilities, funding opportunities and what it is like to study at Exeter can be found on the University’s Postgraduate study website.