Postgraduate Researcher (Metamaterials CDT 2018)
Telephone: 01392 724698
Extension: (Streatham) 4698
I joined the Xm2 Metamaterials CDT in September 2018. My project, "Towards Flexible Micro-Endoscopy: Compressive Characterisation and Control of Light Propagation Through Multi-mode Optical Fibres" (working title) is supervised by Prof Dave Phillips and Prof Jacopo Bertolotti.
Prior to starting a PhD, I obtained an MPhys in Physics from the University of Exeter in 2018. My dissertation, ‘Modelling the calcium-dependent temporal gating behaviour of Ryanodine Receptors’, was supervised by Prof Jacopo Bertolotti and Prof Christian Soeller, and involved modelling the release of calcium from stores inside heart muscle cells in order to investigate its effect on muscle contraction i.e. the heartbeat.
- Light in Complex Materials, Exeter, April 2019 (poster)
- Light@Bath (incubator workshop, secured £2000 with my group for investigation of drug delivery through skin using Raman techniques and fibre optics), May 2019
- Imaging in Wave Physics, Cargese Scienfitic Institute, September 2019
- Demonstrator for first year undergraduate physics modules "Mathematics Skills I" and "Mathematics for Physicists II", "Stage 1 Physics Problems", "Stage 2 Physics Problems"
- Exam script mark checker for undergraduate physics exams
- Exam support worker (invigilator/scribe/reader/typist) for Special Provisions undergraduate EMPS exams
- Group leader for first year physics Communication Skills course (2019, 2020)
- Chair of the optical, infra-red and THz photonics and plasmonics research group - website (1) and (2)
- Lead of the CDT calendar for outreach opportunities
- Member of the CDT social media team (Instagram) and culture team
- Postgraduate and neurodiversity rep. in the Physics Inclusivity Working Group
- Pint of Science 2020 organiser (Atoms to Galaxies theme)
- City of Exeter Pint of Science Co-ordinator 2020/21
- Postgraduate rep. for the Physics Health and Safety Committee
- Students' Guild Postgraduate Research Representative for the CDT in Metamaterials