Miss Michelle Bailey
Telephone: 01392 727467
Extension: (Streatham) 7467
Michelle completed her MPhys undergraduate masters degree at the University of Exeter in 2017, with research in Biophysics, studying the diffusion of polymers through gels and cartilage.
Now Michelle is working on her PhD under Prof. Francesca Palombo and Prof. Nick Stone in the BioSpec team within the Biophysics group at the University of Exeter. She uses Brillouin microscopy to assess the micromechanical properties of tissues and tissue phantoms, with particular interest in the Biomedical applications of the technique to Oesophageal cancer.
- 2017 - Pres. Doctor of Philosophy in Physics (PhD) - University of Exeter
- 2013 - 2017 Master of Physics (MPhys Hons.) - University of Exeter
Conferences and Invited Talks
- "Brillouin microscopy to probe the micromechanics of tissue phantoms" - (Invited Talk) Physics and Biological systems, Gif-sur-Yvette (22/10/2018 - 24/10/2018)
- "Micromechanical properties of tissue phantoms probed by Brillouin microscopy" - (Poster Presentation) 2nd BioBrillouin meeting, Perugia (11/09/2018 - 14/09/2018)
Funding and Awards
- €100 - "Best poster award" - 2nd Biobrillouin meeting, Perugia (11/09/2018 - 14/09/2018)
- €1930 - "COST Action CM1306 - Short Term Scientific Mission" - for an 1 month research stay at the University of Perugia, Italy (Awarded March 2018)