Mr Charlie-Ray Mann
Postgraduate Researcher (Metamaterials CDT 2015)
Telephone: 01392 725018
Extension: (Streatham) 5018
I was born in Exeter but raised in Saltash, Cornwall. Whilst always interested in science and mathematics, my true passion until I was about 18 was rugby. Only during my A levels was my interest in physics ignited, where I achieved four A*'s in physics, mathematics, further mathematics and biology.
In 2015, I graduated from the University of Exeter with a 1st class honours in Physics in 2015, during which I was awarded two scholarships for academic excellence and received the Bertie Black Prize for the most outstanding academic performance.
Currently, I am a second year Post-Graduate researcher in the CDT for Metamaterials at Exeter, where I am supervised by Prof. Bill Barnes and Dr Eros Mariani. The underlying theme of my research is to theoretically investigate a plasmonic analogue of graphene.
- 2010-2012 A levels (Physics A*, Maths A*, Further Maths A*, Biology A*)
- 2012-2015 BSc (hons) in Physics, 1st class, University of Exeter
- Excellence at Exeter Scholarship (2012)
- Eliahou Dangoor Scholarship (2012)
- Physics Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Dean's Commendation (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Bertie Black Prize (2015)