How to apply for an Astrophysics PhD
Please follow the advice below to ensure that your application reaches us in a timely manner:
- You should apply online using our application portal.
- Select "Physics Doctor of Philosophy" (full time, by research).
- Please include a copy of your transcript under "Academic qualifications".
- We require two references which referees can send by email (see details on the application form).
- For astrophysics the funding page can be left blank. For international students, we suggest looking at our funding page and to contact us if you are interested in applying for a scholarship.
- For the research statement, please upload a document stating that you wish to undertake a PhD in Astrophysics and then simply state which projects you are most interested in.
- For the personal statement please upload a copy of your CV.
- Once you have submitted your application please email us so that we know to expect it.