The EPSRC CDT in Metamaterials has now closed its recruiment phase.
We are awaiting a decision from EPSRC on our proposal for a CDT in Functional and Meta- Materials which would run from 2019 to 2027.
There are a number of projects currently being advertised that will be part of our proposed centre if we are funded. They are
- A DNA-metal nanoparticle metamaterial for improved single-molecule biosensing
- Antenna efficiency and match manipulation using metamaterials
- Chalcogenide-based memory and logic for flexible electronics applications
- Evaluation of spin-orbit torques in thin film magnetic materials and their use in driving
- Experimental topics in the manipulation of sound using metamaterials and metasurfaces
- Exploring the space of electromagnetic materials, with applications to antenna design
- "Hands-on" molecules: using microwave metamaterials as analogues of molecular systems
- Imaging at the tip of a needle: realising multimode fibre based micro-endoscopes
- Manipulating the coupling and scattering between surface waves and plane waves on metasurfaces, and at their discontinuities
- Topological polaritons in atomically thin metasurfaces