Dr Prathyush P Menon
Telephone: 01392 726498
Extension: (Streatham) 6498
Contact me for PhD studentship in the following areas:
1. Optimal in-situ ocean sampling
2. Probabilistic worst case analysis for space applications
3. Novel Algorithms for Collective Robotics (Applications: Complex civil and Military applications)
Externally Funded Projects:
1. In-orbit Assembly GNC
2. Adaptive Autonomous Ocean Sampling Network (NERC & DSTL with NOC, Southampton), 2015 -
3. Probabilistic Worst Case Analysis Tools, 2014 -
4. Modern Attitude Control of Earth Observation Satellites With Large Flexible Elements, 2014-2015, Supported by European Space Agency (Collaboration with Astrium Ltd. UK.)
5. Generic Rover Dynamics Model Framework for Autonomous Capability Development, 2013-2014, Supported by UKSA-CREST2 (Collaboration with Astrium Ltd. UK.)
6. Contamination Monitoring using Mobile Sensor Networks, 2012-2014, Supported by UKIERI (Collaboration with IISc Bangalore, India)
7. Integrated Guidance Navigation and Control for Mars Sample Return (AIR-GNC), 2013-2014, Supported by European Space Agency, (Collaboration with GMV, Spain) (Investigator with Prof. Bates during 2011 - March 2013)
7. Robust Flight Control System Design Verification and Validation Framework (SAFE-V), 2011-2013, Supported by European Space Agency, (Collaboration with Astrium Space Transportation-France).
Collective Robotics, Autonomy, Verification, Validation and Certification, Distributed Control and Estimation, Formation/Cooperative Control, Optimisation, Performance Recovery In Presence of Amplitude and Rate Saturation.
Worst Case Analysis Tools (WCAT-II) supported by European Space Agency, Contract Manager: Samir Bennani, ESTEC. ESA.
Current PhD Students:
1. Chiara Mellucci (started in 2015)
2. Anusha Mujumdhar: Simulation and Entropy Based Worst Case Analysis for Space Systems
3. Siyi Dong: Efficient Monte Carlo Methods for Verification of Launch Vehicle Performance
4. Nathan Owen: Gaussian Process and Polynomial Chaos Methods
Past PhD Students:
1. Atul Kamath: Surrogate Assisted Optimisation-Based Worst-Case and Safety Margin Analysis Submitted 2014. Research Fellow at University of Exeter on GRDM Project. Presently R&D engineer at GE Global Research, Bangalore, India
2. Paresh Deshpande: Performance based coordination control of multi agent systems subject to time delays; Post-Doc at University of Oxford (2012) Presently at ASML Holding N.V., Netherlands.
3. Anup Das: Co-supervision (50%) Graduated in 2012; Presently Post-Doc at University of Warwick.
4. Wenfei Wang: Co-supervision (50%) Graduated in 2012; Presently Post-Doc at University of Warwick.
1. Debasish Ghose - IISc, Bangalore, India.
2. Animesh Chakravarthy - University of Witchita, USA.
3. Abhay A Pashilkar - National Aerospace Lab, Bangalore, India.
4. Antonella Ferrara - University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy.
3. Alexandre Seuret - LAAS, CNRS, France.
4. Matthew Turner - University of Leicester, Leicester, UK.
5. Samir Bennani - ESTEC, ESA, The Netherlands
6. Yuri Shtessel - University of Alabama, Alabama, USA.
7. Christopher Edwards - University of Exeter, Exeter, UK.
1. Nonlinear Systems and Control (ECM 3711)
2. Systems, Series and Transformation (ECM 2707)
3. Control Engineering (ECM 2105)Course/Workshop:
UK-INDIA EDUCATION AND RESEARCH INITIATIVE (UKIERI) WORKSHOP ON FORMATION, CONTROL AND ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING. EXETER, 8-9 APRIL, 2014.
1. Chiara Mellucci (University of Pavia): Robust Nonlinear Observers for Fault Detection in Differential Algebraic Dynamical Systems (March 2014 - September 2014)
2. Anoop Jain (IISc, Bangalore): Formation Control for Environmental Mapping (August 2013 - October 2013)
3. Dwaipayan Mukharjee (IISc, Bangalore): Cyclic Pursuit (August 2013 - October 2013)