Dr Matthew Anderson
Industrial Research Fellow
Telephone: 01392 727467
Extension: (Streatham) 7467
Matt is an Industrial Research Fellow in Prof. John Terry's Quantitative Biology & Medicine at Exeter (QBME) group. His research focusses on industrial and clinical collaboration, and spans the interface between mathematical modelling and cell/molecular biology in cancer, diabetes and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Current research projects:
- Investigating the interactions between fatty acids and autophagy in diabetes using molecular methods and novel computer vision techniques.
- Using computer algorithms to improve the efficiency of RNAi drug screening methods for a range of diseases.
- Applying machine learning algorithms to identify clinically actionable factors to aid in the diagnosis of IBD.
- Implementation of species distribution models and machine learning for the advancement of industrial pest control methods.
Areas of expertise:
- Biochemistry & molecular biology
- Systems Biology & complex networks
- Image analysis & computer vision
- Machine learning
- Spatio-temporal modelling
- Industrial collaboration