Dr Michele Guidolin
Michele received his BSc and MSc in Computer Science at the Universita' Ca'Foscari di Venezia. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science at the University College Dublin (UCD) in 2010. From September 2009, he joined the Centre for Water Systems (CWS) and he is currently working on the optimisation of Tidal Farm layouts.
- High performance computing in parallel, Grid, distributed, multi-core systems and graphics processing units (GPUs);
- Specific program language for improving the performance of Grid applications;
- Performance of iterative methods and direct methods for solving linear systems of equations generated by hydraulic solvers;
- Hydraulic simulation modelling of pipe networks.
- Cellular Automaton for Flood forecasting.
- Optimisation of Water Distribution Networks and Tidal Farm layouts
- CWSNet - An object-oriented library for hydraulic simulation of pressurised pipe networks
- CADDIES - Cellular Automata algorithm for handling dual drainage flood modelling
- A genetic algorithm (E-NSGAII) for optimisation of the Battle of the Water Networks II.
- Optimisation of Tidal Farm layouts.
- Journal of Hydroinformatics (IWA Publishing) 2010 - present
- Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management (ASCE) 2010 - present