Telephone: 01392 724145
Extension: (Streatham) 4145
Andrew started work at the Centre for Energy and the Environment in September 2009. He is currently involved in a number of projects which are aimed at developing biomass in the region. He has produced analyses of the supply chain and an assessment of the biomass resource in Devon and is involved with project management and technical support for FOREST, a project for Intelligent Energy European (IEE) aimed at fostering long term supply partnerships in the biomass industry. He is also involved with monitoring existing sites and giving technical support for Local Authorities wishing to install biomass boilers.
Other work in renewables includes an assessment of the installation capacity for microgeneration technologies in the region and looking at ways to increase the installer base in anticipation of new government incentives for micro renewables. He is giving technical support to staff at the Energy Savings Trust Energy Advice Centres and has coordinated additional training for the advisors. Andrew has also organised seminars in Devon and Cornwall to promote energy efficiency and the adoption of renewable technologies in schools.
Key skills from Andrew’s engineering maths background include modelling, data analysis and programming using a range of software. He has studied nonlinear systems in engineering and economics as well as bioinformatics, information and control theory. Andrew also has a range of experience and practical skills from his work in sculpture and running his own engineering business.
Selected project experience
- FOREST- fostering efficient long term supply partnerships, IEE project (2010, ongoing)
- Cornwall Council, Building Confidence and Capacity in Biomass Heating (2010, ongoing)
- Energy Saving Trust (EST) technical support and training (2010, ongoing)
- Regen SW, Review of the Microgeneration Sector in the South West, Assessment of MCS Accredited Installers (2010)
- Devon County Council, An assessment of Devon’s biomass resource biomass and supply chains development (2009 - 2010)
- Cornwall Council, An evaluation of biomass boiler performance on Cornwall (2009, ongoing)
- BAA Heathrow, Update of the CVP self assessment tool, (2009)
- SWEEG, series of renewable energy seminar for schools (2009)
- Master’s thesis, The Limits of the Economic Cycle – An investigation into nonlinear economic dynamic modelling (2008)