We have a number of downloads available, please view the tabs below and click on the downloadable content.
Documents and papers
- Stream EngD handbook
- GANetXL: A DSS Generator for Multiobjective Optimisation of Spreadsheet-Based Models
- An unedited draft of a paper submitted to the Journal of Environmental Modelling and Software (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2010.11.004)
- Seminar GA-AQUATOR-presentation Dec 2008
- Operation of Water Distribution Systems Using Risk-based Decision Making
- CWS 10th Anniversary slides
- AQUAREC CWS presentation
- Uniting Utilities: Organisationally practical?
- The Scale & Value of Uniting Utilities
- Lessons for the Future: Could growth be planned, managed and delivered differently in Ashford?
- Integration for Sustainable Development (Practitioner Report, June 2011)
- Encouraging Collective Action - The governance of domestic water & energy systems
- Effective decision-making: Toward adaptive and adapted planning
Rainwater harvesting events
- RWH in the UK - thinking outside the tank (Oct'11 - FINAL)
- Bruce Hayball (Scale - final, London)
- John Griggs (Skill, London - final)
- Steve Wielebski (Developer perspective)
- David Butler (London - final)
- Sarah Ward (RWH 21st Century - final)
- Synopsis 2010.08.06
- Scoping doc-draft 3-2010.07.07
- Richard Kellagher (Stormwater - Exeter)
- Uni of Exeter Rainwater Harvesting Industry Brief
- Uni of Exeter Rainwater Harvesting Policy brief
- David Butler (Intro - Exeter)
- Sarah Ward (RWH 21st Century - Exeter)
- John Griggs (Skill - Exeter)
- Bruce Hayball (Scale - Exeter)
- Simplification Of Water Supply Network Models Through Linearisation
- Genetic Algorithm Techniques For Calibrating Network Models
- Development of Optimised Conjunctive Control Rules for a System of Water Supply Sources
- An Evolution Program For Pressure Regulation In Water Distribution Networks
- A New Genetic Algorithm to Solve Effectively Highly Multi-Objective Problems: POGA
- PREPARED - Defining flood risk categories and critical risk event trees
- PREPARED - Optimal Macro-Location methods for sensor placement in Urban Water Systems
- PREPARED - Uncertainty Quantification and Reduction in Urban Water Systems Modelling
- PREPARED - Real-time Modelling and Data Assimilation Techniques for Improving the Accuracy of Model Predictions
- WASSERMED - Literature review of existing methodologies for water balance modelling
- WASSERMED - Modelling tools and techniques used for water balance modelling in the project
- WASSERMED - Report on water balance modelling for the project case studies
- WASSERMED - Synthesis report on water balance modelling and policy recommendations for the project case studies
User manual A user manual providing details about how to install and work with GANetXL.
GANetXL presentation A presenation showing how to setup and solve a simple optimisation problem using GANetXL.
GANetXL - 220.127.116.11 GANetXL is a Genetic Algorithms add-in for Microsoft Excel® supporting single and multi-objective optimisation. GANetXL is available for free for non-commercial academic use.
How to cite GANetXL work
If you are using GANetXL and writing a conference/journal paper or report, please use the following citation to refer to the paper describing the software:
- Savić, D. A., Bicik, J., & Morley, M. S. 2011 A DSS Generator for Multiobjective Optimisation of Spreadsheet-Based Models. Environmental Modelling and Software, 26(5), 551-561.
The new Evolutionary Computing methodology for multiobjective optimization of water distribution system design, GALAXY (Genetically Adaptive Leaping Algorithm for approXimation and diversitY), has been used on a number of benchmarks available on this site. GALAXY was developed as part of the PhD work by Dr Qi Wang.
This was developed into a paper: Wang, Q., D. A. Savić, and Z. Kapelan (2017), GALAXY: A New Hybrid MOEA for the Optimal Design of Water Distribution Systems, Water Resour. Res., doi:10.1002/2016WR019854. The paper is available to view on our website.
The code for the GALAXY algorithm and the brief tutorial can be downloaded from here: GALAXY