A hub of expertise at the University of Exeter
The CBCS is a leading Business Technology Centre, part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (2007 – 2013), which collaborates with businesses across the South West to help them adapt and mitigate to the impacts of a changing climate and extreme weather events.
With access to leading, internationally-renowned research and technology from the University of Exeter and our partners, the Met Office, Regen South West, Plymouth Marine Laboratory and IBM, CBCS is able to offer eligible businesses 12 hours of complimentary support in the development of expertise, products and services.
This support may take the form of:
- Scoping, researching, developing or assisting in the development of new products and technologies
- Producing analysis, feasibility studies and recommendations for the implementation of climate-related technology
- Exploring and researching new climate-related markets in various business sectors
- Improving processes and policies in carbon reduction
- Identifying the risks and opportunities resulting from a changing climate
- Developing resilience measures to cope with climate change and extreme weather
CBCS is a hub of expertise and can provide businesses access to specialists in the following sectors: