Ms Siti Zaniza Tohar
I am a PhD student at Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter working with Dr Ben Williamson as my first supervisor and Prof Frances Wall as my second supervisor. My research study is seeking a potential of REE (rare earth elements) and other critical metals in granite rock and their weathering products at Peninsular Malaysia.
- 2008 - Bachelor of Science (Geology) National University of Malaysia, Malaysia.
- 2011 - Master of Science (Geology) National University of Malaysia, Malaysia.
- 2015-Present - PhD in Geology (In Progress) CSM, University of Exeter, UK.
- 2015-Present - PhD Researcher, CSM, University of Exeter, UK.
- 2014 - Young Academic Staff, Department of Land Management, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia.
- 2013 - Geotechnical Engineer, Maccaferri Asia.
- 2011 - Reseach Geologist, Centre for Forensic Engineering, UNITEN.
- 2009 - Graduate Research Assistant, Geology Department, National University of Malaysia.
RESEARCH EXPERIANCES / HISTORY
- 2008 - Geological tin mineralization and geo-environment study at Pelepah Kanan Tin Mine, Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia.
- 2009-2011 - Geochemistry and exploration geology of Kaolinite clay mineral at Bidor, Perak, Malaysia.
- 2012 - Bio-grounting research project on Geotechnical Slope Behavior.
- Petrography and geochemistry of granite
- Mineralogical of granite and weathering products (soil, saprolite, weathering rock)
- Mineralogy and geochemistry of rare earth elements and critical metals.
- Clay and soil mineralogy