Dr Saeid Moradi
I am a minerals engineer with over 16-year experience in industrial R&D, operations and engineering. Before my PhD studies in the Royal School of Mines - Imperial College London, I had an 8-year on-site experience in: i) consulting services including industrial R&D and process development supports and feasibility studies, ii) EPCM and management services including FEED/basic/detail design & engineering, procurement, construction, cold/hot commissioning and starting-up of lead, zinc & gold mineral processing plants, and iii) operation & maintenance including revamping & expansion, training and transfer technology. I have a certificate of completion of training in advanced R&D management and experience in managing large industrial R&D including on-site labs, pilot and demo plants. I have received many flowships, industry awards and prizes for my research & engineering excellence.
- Research Fellow in Metallurgy and Plant Operation - IMPACT Project - University of Exeter - January 2017 - Present;
- Senior Process Engineer - Stoicism Project - Imerys Minerals Ltd. - January 2013 - December 2016 (4 years);
- Postdoctoral Research Associate - Rio Tinto Centre for Advanced Mineral Recovery - The Royal School of Mines - Imperial College London - January 2012 - December 2012 (1 year);
- PhD Studies in Minerals Engineering - Hydrometallurgy - Imperial College London - October 2006 - January 2012 (5 years 4 months);
- R&D Consultant in Lead & Zinc Metallurgy - IZMDC (Calcimin company) - April 2006 - March 2008 (2 years);
- R&D Manager of Angouran Lead and Zinc Pilot Plants - IZMDC (Calcimin company) - October 2004 - March 2006 (1 year 6 months);
- Senior Metallurgist - Kahanroba Engineering Company - May 2002 - September 2004 (2 years 5 months);
- Head of R&D Angouran zinc Pilot Plant - Calcimin company - April 2001 - April 2002 (1 year 1 month);
- Graduate Student Researcher - Calcimin company - May 1998 - March 2001 (2 years 11 months).