Dr Robin Shail
Senior Lecturer in Geology and Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
Telephone: 01326 371826
WHAT I DO AT CSM
- Teaching: Structural geology / tectonics; geological field data acquisition and interpretation, surface / underground geological mapping; geology of SW England / Cornwall / Isles of Scilly; supervision of BSc / MGeol / MSc projects.
- Research / PhD supervision themes: Geological evolution of SW England, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly including Variscan / post-Variscan tectonics, structural geology, stratigraphy, sedimentology, magmatism and mineralisation; coastal landsliding in Cornwall / SW England.
- Knowledge Transfer: Collaborative and contract minerals industry research / knowledge transfer / consultancy. Present and past collaborators include: British Geological Survey (BGS), EGS Energy, Elcon Western Ltd, Helford Geoscience LLP, Imerys Minerals Ltd, JSC Altynamas, Menteri Besar Incorporated, Treliver Minerals, Western United Mines Ltd and Wolf Minerals Limited on projects that typically involve regional / structural geology, mineralisation and/or mineralogical characterization. Coastal landsliding present and past collaborators include The National Trust and The University of Plymouth.
- Administration: CSM Undergraduate Admissions Tutor (Mining and Geology)
- BA (Hons) Geology, 1986 (University of Oxford)
- PhD Geology, 1992 (University of Keele)
- 1990-1993, Camborne School of Mines, Lecturer in Geology
- 1993-present, University of Exeter, Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Geology