Dr Robin Shail
Senior Lecturer in Geology and Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
Telephone: 01326 371826
WHAT I DO AT CSM
- Teaching: Structural geology and tectonics; geological field data acquisition and interpretation, surface and underground geological mapping; geology and resources of SW England / Cornwall; supervision of BSc / MGeol / MSc projects.
- Research / PhD supervision: Geological evolution of SW England, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly including Variscan / post-Variscan tectonics, structural geology, stratigraphy, sedimentology, magmatism, mineralisation; mineral / geothermal resources; coastal landsliding in Cornwall.
- Knowledge Transfer: Present and past collaborators include: British Geological Survey (BGS), Cornish Lithium, David Roche Geo Consulting, EGS Energy, Elcon Western, GeoScience, Helford Geoscience, Imerys Minerals, JSC Altynamas, Menteri Besar Incorporated, Satellite Applications Catapult, Treliver Minerals, Western United Mines and Wolf Minerals on projects that typically involve regional geology, structural geology, granites, mineralisation and/or mineralogical characterisation and their mineral / geothermal resource implications.
- Administration: CSM Undergraduate Admissions Tutor (Mining and Geology)
- BA (Hons) Geology, 1986 (University of Oxford)
- PhD Geology, 1992 (University of Keele)
- 1990-1993, Camborne School of Mines, Lecturer in Geology
- 1993-present, University of Exeter, Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Geology