Dr Quentin Dehaine
PostDoctoral Research Associate
I am a postdoctoral research fellow working on the NERC Project "CoG3: Investigating the recovery of Cobalt". The project aims to increase UK's exploration, mining and recovery of cobalt, a metal of great strategic and economic importance. This project will look at the Geology, Geometallurgy and Geomicrobiology of cobalt resources leading to new product streams (CoG3).
CSM is involved in WP4: Improving the Supply Chain of Cobalt. My research within WP4 will focus on improving the cobalt supply chain through investigation into the geometallurgy of cobalt with direct engagement of industry.
Research interest: Geometallurgy, Applied mineralogy, Mineral processing (gravity, flotation), Process Modelling, Theory of Sampling (TOS)
Project leader at CSM: Hylke J Glass
- 2016 - PhD in Minerals Engineering - University of Lorraine, France,
- 2012 - Exchange - Universidade Federal De Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brasil,
- 2011 - BSc in Geology - Ecole Nationale Superieure de Geologie (ENSG), University of Lorraine, France.
- Jan 2017 - present: Research Fellow, Camborne School of Mines
- Apr 2016 - Dec 2016: Research Fellow, University of Lorraine
- Jul 2011 - Jan 2011: Geologist at Goro Ni-Project - VALE New-Caledonia
- Emerald (European Master Program in Georessources Engineering) - Mineral processing, process modelling,
- ENSG, University of Lorraine - Mineral processing, process modelling,