Prof Jens C. Andersen
Current research projects
- Platinum-group metals, vanadium and titanium in the Skaergaard intrusion, East Greenland (collaboration with the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Cambridge University and Simon Fraser University).
- EU INTERREG project “MARINEFF” exploring novel eco-friendly concrete materials for marine construction (research fellow Violeta Ramos, project led by ESITC Caen).
- Granite-related critical metal occurrences in Southwest England (subcontract for the Li4UK project).
- Platinum-group metals in the Parana basalts, Brazil (PhD student Jordan Lindsay, collaboration with the Federal University of Parana, Brazil).
- Mineralogical tracers of archaeological pottery in SW England (with the SW Implement Petrology Group).
- The FAME project (now completed) is awarded the IoM3 Medal for Excellence for 2018.
- Just published: Lindsay JJ et al. (2019) Distinct sulphur saturation histories within the Palaeogene Magilligan Sill, Northern Ireland: Implications for Ni-Cu-PGE mineralisation in the North Atlantic Igneous Province, Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences, DOI:10.1139/cjes-2018-0141
Explore current research on the Skaergaard intrusion in this short video from the Underground Channel