Mining, environment and society
Research based mainly on environmental or social aspects of mining, such as environmental mineralogy, health and safety, mining-related policy, and social license to operate is grouped together here. Many of the large technical projects at Camborne School of Mines also contain environmental and social work packages.
- Professor Karen Hudson-Edwards - Professor in Sustainable Mining
- Professor Frances Wall - Professor of Applied Mineralogy
- Professor Pat Foster - Associate Professor of Mine Safety, Director of Education
- Professor Kip Jeffrey - Head of CSM and Professor of Mining Education
- Dr Ben Williamson - Senior Lecturer in Applied Mineralogy
- Dr Rich Crane - Lecturer in Sustainable Mining
- Dr Penda Diallo - Lecturer
- Aveen Hameed - Associate Research Fellow
- Caroline Digby - Honorary Senior Research Fellow
- Alexandra Sweeney - Graduate Research Assistant
MIREU aims to ensure a sustained and sustainable supply of mineral raw materials to the EU, by establishing a network of mining and metallurgy regions across Europe to facillitate the sharing of knowledge and experience.